Okay okay okay – I heard y’all loud and clear!
Last week when I was on spring break and Instagram storied my first time making GG Cracker Bagels, so many of you messaged me asking for the recipe! Let be the first to tell you – I did not create this recipe! I actually found in on the GG Fiber Instagram, who reposted it from Nicole (@lashesandlemons). But, I understand finding a recipe on Instagram posts can be difficult to track down, so I’ll post the recipe below so it’s easy to find. But full credit goes to my girl, Nicole (@lashesandlemons), for creating this master piece!
Before diving into the recipe, let’s just get a few things out of the way:
1. Do they taste like real bagels?
These do not taste like your good ole Panera bagel. What DO they do taste like is a very healthy whole wheat bagel. If you eat GG crackers on the reg, you will likely already be accustomed to this flavor and not notice it at all. If you’ve never tried GG crackers, then it will likely take some time to get used to the flavor. GG crackers are amazing since they are high in fiber!! But they aren’t like eating a ritz cracker, so if you aren’t a fan of the GG crackers, this recipe may not be for you.
2. How is this journaled on F-Factor?
17g fiber and 30g carbs (13 net carbs… not too bad considering my berry fage bowl is about 20g net carbs). Remember to also journal what you top your bagels with. These numbers are for the bagels only!
3. Can you store these overnight?
I have only attempted to store these in an air-tight container for 24 hours. I popped the bagels into the toaster the next day to crisp them up a bit, but they were definitely better fresh. I would say if you are making these for the week, to store them in the fridge in an air tight container just to be safe. BUT they will become a little mushy, so be prepared to toast them. I’ll report back on this if I store them longer than a day or too… they just don’t last that long in this house lol.
And lastly, before we get into the recipe and topping ideas – I need to explain how I pulverize my GG crackers. You can do this with the GG crackers or the GG sprinkles. Personally, I use use the GG sprinkles and pulverize them even more. I like to save my GG crackers for pizza snacks. I measure a little more than 1/4 C of GG sprinkles and throw them into my Nutri-Bullet (find it HERE). I then blend them a few times until they are a very fine texture and remeasure to make sure I have 1/4 C for this recipe. I find this is the best way to achieve a “flour” like texture!
Ingredients – 2 servings (6 mini bagels)
- 1/2cup pulverized original GGs (measure after pulverizing), find the sprinkles HERE and the crackers HERE
- 8 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- coconut oil spray
- optional: Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend, find it HERE
Note: you will need a donut/bagel pan. I use THIS exact one! The bagels turn out beautiful in this. By using this tray, one serving is 3 of these mini-bagels!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Spray donut/bagel pan with coconut oil
- Pulverize GG crackers or sprinkles to the flour-like consistency (read how I do it above)
- Mix pulverized GGs, egg whites, whole wheat flour, baking powder until well combined
- Evenly divide mixture in donut/bagel pan
- Optional: if going for a savory bagel, top with the everything bagel seasoning
- Bake for 15 minutes!
The Breakfast Toppings
Lox + Cream Cheese Bagel
My husband and I have been craving some yummy lox on a big ole bagel, which was really the driving force for making these bagels to be honest. We use a bagel with the everything bagel seasoning! Here’s what we put on it:
- Greek Yogurt cream cheese (can find at most grocery stores nowadays, less fat than normal cream cheese)
- Smoked Salmon Lox (read the ingredients and ensure there isn’t any added sugar)
- chopped red onion
Avocado + Poached Egg Bagel
I am a huge avocado toast fan! Like I lived on it before realizing how unbalanced it actually was for me (lots of fat and carbs). I have lightened it up by using my GG bagels though. I like to use an everything bagel seasoned bagel. Here’s what I do:
- 1/4-1/2 Avocado divided among my three bagels (1/4 avocado is better portion control… but sometimes I live on the wild side lol)
- two poached eggs (when I cut into the eggs I divide it among my three bagels)
- top with paprika (it makes it prettttty)
Classic Egg, Cheese, & Turkey Bacon
Again, I use my everything seasoned bagel for this recipe. You can swap this up with Canadian bacon!
- 3 cooked egg whites
- 3 slices turkey bacon
- 1/4 avocado or cheddar cheese (if you can find low-fat cheddar cheese that’s even better, my store just doesn’t carry it)
Nut Butter + Berry Bagel
Yummmmm. This one makes my mouth water just thinking about it. If you need something sweet, this one is gooood. I skip the everything bagel seasoning when baking these bagels. Here’s what I add:
- Nut Butter (can be PB2, almond butter, cashew butter, etc)
- 1 Cup Berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- top with cinnamon
I’ve only been making these bagels for two weeks, and I am sold! Shout out to Nicole (@lashesandlemons) for inventing this recipe and curing my bagel cravings!
Do you plan on giving this recipe a try? Have even more topping ideas? Share them in the comments below!
Did you like the products linked in today’s blog post? Please support Jackie Anne Blog by shopping through the provided affiliated links. At no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage from any products you purchase through these provided affiliate links. I use this small profit to keep this blog running and maintained. Thank you so much for your support so I can continue to serve you!
Some links may be affiliate links- at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases which helps maintain this blog!