I have shared pictures of this salmon recipe, one of our go-to meals, many times on my Instagram- and every single time someone asks for the recipe! The reason it’s taken me so long to write this blog post? I never measure any of the ingredients! But today is the day! I legit measured everything I put in this marinade, and put together this snazzy blog post for you. This salmon recipe is hands down one of the BEST and easiest marinades ever!
You can bake this recipe, but this is our secret weapon to grill fish…
Before I give you the details, I want to mention grilling vs baking this recipe. Although the title of this recipe is “grilled salmon” you can absolutely bake it! I will put in the recipe cooking times for both baking and grilling. BUT without a doubt, grilled salmon is the best way to do it. It just tastes SO much better. However, we have a major secret weapon when it comes to grilling salmon: grill mats. We use mats, similar to THESE, to grill the salmon on so the fish doesn’t stick or fall apart. You still get the pretty grill marks too.
Healthy Grilled Salmon Marinade
- 1/3 cup soy sauce*
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon siracha
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- optional: honey, to taste
- 2 filets of salmon (skin on)**
*option to use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. I would not use honey though, as coconut aminos is sweeter than soy sauce.
**we find it easier to grill salmon filets with the skin on, but we have done it with no skin as well!
- In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce, lemon juice, siracha, ground ginger, minced garlic, onion powder, olive oil, and water together to form the marinade.
- Place salmon filets in a gallon size ziplock bag. Add the marinade to the bag. Seal the bag and place in the refrigerator for at two hours
- Cooking Instructions:
- Grilling method:
- Place filets (skin side up) on grill mat (preheated grill on high temp) for 3 minutes
- Flip filets (skin side down) and continue to grill for 5-7 minutes (depending on how thorough you like your fish cooked). Hint: if you start to see the white beads on the salmon, then you know it’s probably about time to take it off.
- Let the salmon rest on a plate for a few minutes before serving. The fish will cook a bit while it rests.
- Baking instructions:
- preheat over to 450 degree F.
- Place salmon (skin side down) on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Place in preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, adjust the temperature to broil. Broil fish for 2-5 minutes (depending on thickness of your fish and how cooked you like it).
- Remove from oven, cover in foil, and let sit for a few minutes (this is important, as the fish will continue to cook as it sits).
- Grilling method:
THIS recipe is helpful to give you a little more insight for how to grill salmon if you need more details.
Did you like the products linked in today’s blog post? Please support Jackie Anne Blog by shopping through the provided affiliated links. At no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage from any products you purchase through these provided affiliate links. I use this small profit to keep this blog running and maintained. Thank you so much for your support so I can continue to serve you!